Working from home is the dream of many.
In this Money.it guide you will find 35 ideas for jobs you can do from home, without having to go to the office every day.
From full-time jobs to small jobs to do in your spare time, here is a complete list of ideas and tips for working from home and earning money.
Working from home is certainly a good idea these days.
In fact, many people need to supplement their salary or have a real one with the convenience of being able to search even outside the area surrounding their home.
Working from home, as often happens, has both advantages and disadvantages (which we illustrate below), but first of all we list 35 ideas for working from home with guaranteed income.
In recent decades, working from home has spread thanks to the internet, but there are also working from home ideas that do not involve technology, suitable for everyone.
However, most of the jobs that can be done from your home are closely linked to the world of the web.
Let's see together all the best work from home ideas, how to start and what the possibilities are of transforming it into a real job.
Ideas for working from home: the guide Working from home: 35 job ideas 1) Italian teacher 2) Virtual travel agent 3) Trader 4) Writer 5) Advertising 6) Affiliations 7) Affiliate manager 8) Baby Planner 9) Artist 10) Organizing children's parties 11) Blogger 12) Accountant 13) Baking cakes 14) Life Coach 15) Babysitter 16) Consulting 17) Web copywriting 18) Direct selling 19) Ebook writer 20) Proofreader 21) Event organizer 22) Face Painter 23) Stylist 24) Financial advisor 25) Forum moderator 26) Graphic designer 27) Hairdresser 28) Beautician and Masseur 29) Spooling 30) Remote Social Media Manager 31) Offering health and beauty services 32) Designer interior 33) Renting a room 34) Selling your photos 35) Data entry Work from home: how to start? Working from home: advantages and disadvantages Tips for working from home read also How to make money? 30 ideas for earning money Working from home: 35 job ideas In an increasingly digital world, working from home has become simple and convenient.
Home jobs represent an excellent opportunity to supplement your salary or have a real one and is the ideal choice for those who need to stay at home for a long time for health reasons, for mothers or fathers who take care of of their children, for those who live in areas where job offers are scarce.
If it is true that, in the absence of offers, we have to invent a job, many have decided to transform their passion into a profession thanks to working from home.
With the unemployment rate constantly increasing, especially among young people, we have to roll up our sleeves and try to create jobs on our own that are capable, overall, of giving us a decent salary.
One idea is to start working from home, so you can carry out a second job and perhaps top up your salary at the end of the month.
At a later time, when you have the security of having a fixed income, you can also establish that your only job is working from home.
Many of the work-at-home jobs below can be found on major job posting sites.
For the related remuneration, if you do not have a VAT number, you can use the withholding tax or the transfer of copyright.
1) Italian teacher If you know the Italian language, syntax and grammar well, you like to share knowledge and knowledge with other people, teaching Italian online is undoubtedly an excellent idea for a job from home; all you need to do is sign up to a reliable online platform to start teaching Italian and supplement your salary by helping others improve their preparation.
2) Virtual Travel Agent What better way to tap into your passion for travel than working as a remote travel agent or consultant? Whether part-time or full-time, this work-from-home job involves arranging itineraries, flight plans, hotel reservations and activities for clients looking to travel far and wide.
3) Trader A home job that can earn you a considerable salary.
Find out everything you need to know by training yourself to invest completely free of charge through the so-called demos, platforms that allow you to invest only virtual money.
4) Writer Do you love writing? Being a writer has always been the quintessential job to do at home.
The opportunities are endless, from personal growth books to cookbooks and children's books.
But don't worry, you don't have to write a book.
You can also dedicate yourself to web copywriting, which we describe later.
5) Advertising Are you a blogger? Start monetizing your traffic by placing advertising banners through the Google Adsense circuit.
Depending on the traffic you are able to generate, you will receive a monthly income capable of transforming your passion into a profitable home business which, why not, can also be transformed into a company specializing in online publishing.
6) Affiliations Are you attracted to a home-based job that can give you passive income, maybe even when you sleep? Find products and services you love and introduce them to your audience and earn through affiliates.
Promote a certain product and earn a percentage every time it is sold through your affiliate link.
To carry out a home-based job like this, you need to have a website that has users interested in the products we promote, or have many followers on Instagram and/or Facebook.
7) Affiliate manager If you have marketing knowledge you could work from home as a relationship manager between publishers and companies who need assistance in running affiliate programs.
Look for work from home opportunities on specialized affiliate portals, first and foremost Amazon.
8) Baby Planner A sort of wedding planner, but instead of organizing weddings, future parents are helped to better organize themselves while awaiting the birth of their child.
No medical skills are needed, just organizational help so that everything is ready as best as possible.
Especially if you are a woman and already a mother, what better opportunity to do a job from home using your experience? You can start testing yourself by helping some friends, to make sure you can offer a service you can actually get paid for.
As remuneration, you will need to be VAT registered or, if the work is sporadic, you can be paid via withholding tax.
9) Artist Do you love painting, sculpting, drawing? You can make your talent a real home business! All you need to do is sell your work on dedicated platforms, such as Etsy.com.
10) Organizing children's parties Do you like to be updated on all the trends and decorations for children's birthday parties? Become a party organizer for little adults! Many parents, perhaps too busy with work, will be happy to pay you just to have a perfect party for their child.
11) Blogger If you love sharing and writing, becoming a blogger is a simple and affordable choice to start working from home.
The topics you can write about are endless, and there are various ways to make money.
A tip: choose a particular topic, a niche of interest, and work over time to build a strong authority on that topic.
12) Accountant If you like numbers, you can easily work from home as an accountant for small businesses or even bloggers who need a hand keeping track of all their income and expenses for the month.
13) Cooking cakes If you love cooking, you have a fantastic recipe for making an unrivaled chocolate cake, you can turn your passion into a real home business.
You can create cakes for birthdays, weddings, hen and stag parties, anniversaries and much more.
14) Life Coach A purely American job, for some time now it has also been arriving in Italy.
If you have a successful blog or have particular and valuable knowledge, if you have a degree in psychology or have a particular charisma, become a coach and help people improve their lives and/or careers.
15) Babysitting If you love children, an easy way to earn money with a job from home is to babysit.
16) Consulting If you are considered an expert in your field then you can carry out consulting activities helping others improve their skills.
17) Web copywriting Copywriting on the web involves the use of words to write a text that captures the user on the internet, be it an article or a landing page.
Millions of pieces of content are published every day, so you need to develop a wealth of knowledge that helps you stand out from the crowd.
You can write easily from home and receive payment per article or for packages of articles from client sites.
18) Direct Selling Are you a good social animal? Companies like Avon or Herbalife allow you to work from home and earn through percentages on the amounts deriving from the products you sell.
19) Ebook writer Here too, if you are an expert in your field and like writing, you can opt for an ebook, which can easily be sold on platforms such as Amazon.
20) Proofreader If you have a trained eye and spot a typo miles away, this is the job for you and you can do it simply from home.
21) Event organizer If you are a whiz at organization, from weddings to birthday parties, this is the home business for you.
It may involve some travel, especially on the day of the event, but the entire organizational phase can simply be managed from home.
22) Face Painter If you have painting skills and like working with children, you can specialize in face painting and entertain participants at a birthday party, or at a fair, a festival, or in playgrounds.
Yes, we're cheating: it's not exactly a job that can be done from home.
23) Stylist If you have a passion for fashion but don't have the capital to open your own boutique, you can create your own creations and sell them on your website, through an e-commerce for example.
24) Financial advisor If you have solid knowledge in the field of finance, you can assist your clients from home and help them make correct investment decisions.
25) Forum moderator If you are a great fan of forums you can become a moderator, the person in charge of checking the quality of content on a forum on a daily basis and managing duplicate conversations and any delicate situations.
26) Graphic designer If you have attended a specific school or course, working as a graphic designer is among the most popular choices for earning from home.
27) Hairdresser If you have an important customer base, or if you know you can count on word of mouth, you can transform your home into a salon where you can welcome your customers and carry out the profession of hairdresser.
28) Beautician and Masseur Same opportunities as the hairdresser: transform your home into a beauty salon! 29) Spooling A boring job, but someone has to do it.
It involves listening to recordings and typing the contents on the PC.
30) Remote Social Media Manager Social media managers create, manage and grow businesses and businesses through the creation of content and advertising campaigns mainly on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Must have skills in photography, writing, marketing and data processing.
31) Offer health and beauty services Those who work in the field of beauty and well-being can offer massages, make-up, hairstyles, pedicures and manicures, skin treatments, waxing directly at home or with home visits.
32) Interior designer Thanks to advances in technology, those who have knowledge of programs for designing interior spaces, such as homes or offices, can work from home with clients via video calls and simply using their PC.
33) Renting a room Those who have more space at home can rent it to tourists or professionals traveling for work.
Specialized websites make listing, scheduling and communicating with guests easier.
34) Sell your photos Those with photography skills can upload and sell images online to stock image companies.
From sports, to food, to landscape and animals, photographers earn money every time the image is downloaded.
35) Data entry This work from home idea does not require previous experience.
Data entry workers enter information for companies into computer systems and often work remotely.
Work from home: how to start? To start working from home you must first decide the area you want to dedicate yourself to.
Before embarking on this adventure, it will be a good idea to understand what your skills are in the field and, if they are not the best, try to increase them.
The first step could therefore be to follow a training course focused on the sector we would like to deal with.
In the meantime, you can start sending your CVs to job offers found online and also try to start collaborations.
An idea for being able to work online is to open your own blog and through that platform begin to establish your own notoriety.
There are many bloggers who manage to make money through affiliations or simply by sponsoring products on their site.
Even in this case, however, a bit of perseverance is needed, given that the results can be seen in the long and medium term.
Other ideas for working online from home could also be to sponsor one of your own products, such as refurbished objects or simple costume jewellery.
Also in this case, simply by opening a Facebook page and letting everyone see your creations you can increase sales.
There are many ideas for working from home and being able to have a second income or transform your work career.
Especially in this field, however, you have to work hard and maybe create a job or better yet invent it! Working from home: advantages and disadvantages In teleworking, or working from home using telematic means such as a computer, there are different types of advantages and disadvantages.
Convenience is not universal but can depend on various factors.
For example, those with family commitments, such as mothers or those with elderly parents, could be advantaged by working at home.
However, many fear that work done from home isolates you from others and is considered a second-class job compared to that done in the office.
Let's see precisely what the main advantages and disadvantages of this type of use are.
The advantages of working from home: greater flexibility of hours: possibility of more easily taking care of the needs of family members, such as children and the elderly; reduction of travel times from home to office, in particular by avoiding rush hours; better distribution of time between work and free time.
The disadvantages of working from home: On the other hand, those who have had experience of teleworking complain about some critical issues: a rather accentuated sense of loneliness; discomfort deriving from low interaction and the lack of direct discussion with colleagues, on a human and professional level (some studies indicate a peak of around 65%); risk of less consideration of one's role by the family: a fear felt by 45% of Italians; growth of distracting factors; lack of separation between the work environment and the home environment; lack of real days off; tendency to gain weight due to the food supplies you have at home.
This is the other side of the coin of those who work from home to take care of the family: negative judgments can come from family members themselves who could consider the work carried out from home by the professional as an activity of lesser importance compared to those carried out in traditional places; Tips for working from home However, there are many professionals who work from home, but without having these problems.
In fact, some freelancers prefer not to spend further money, especially in the first period of their activity, to avoid excessive expenditure.
To be able to minimize the disadvantages you have to work hard and try not to fall into temptations.
A useful idea when you want to work from home is to organize frequent work meetings outside the home space.
In this way, through real trips and meetings, you can avoid that sense of isolation that weighs heavily on those who opt for teleworking.
Another piece of advice we can give you is to create a space in your home used as an "office".
You don't need a real room, even just a desk will be enough, but it will be used exclusively for work matters.
In this space everything must be like in a real office, therefore without distractions and as impersonal as possible.
To avoid eating snacks between meals and ruining your physical shape, try to have healthy food nearby.
Prepare some chopped vegetables or a fruit salad before you start working, so when you get hungry, you can have a healthy snack.
However, the way one works from home is closely linked to the person, some individuals suffer greatly from the lack of contact with the outside world, while for many others it is not a problem.
Consider your personality well before making a choice of this type and above all try to understand your working style.
Working from home is the dream of many.